A super simple blog server
I was challenged to make a prototype for a new blog server platform in 3 hours and I made it.
Wordpress stinks! Jomla stinks! Drupal Stinks!
Why do they all stink?
- To complex.
- To hard to:
- Do not scale linear without huge cost.
- Content template are too strict.
- Long time to market.
- Lack offline integration.
- Lacking or bad mobile device support.
- No offline content reading and editing.
- Limited ACL support.
I only want a simple system to be able to publish my blog.
- Easy setup.
- Easy development, smart testing and short time to market.
- Sufficient test coverage with unit and integration tests.
- Easy to setup local development and staging server.
- Linear traffic scaling without ruining you.
- Small code base and few abstraction layers.
- All code should be easy to read and in the spirit of uncle Bob.
- Should be able to work online, offline and from all devices.
- Content should be available offline for readers.
- Serve HTML files based on md files and images.
- Seo optimized HTML.
- Valid HTML.
- Responsive HTML.
- Convert images automatically to web versions.
- Automatic restart when it fails.
- Able to deploy inside amazon with elb, auto scaling and zone distribution.
- All articles in md.
- Section separation.
- Image support for jpg and png.
- Code snippets.
- Table of contents.
- Web Analytics with Google analytics.
- Google search engine.
- Disqus for comments and read more.
- Templates from Wrap bootstrap or html5up.net.
- Dropbox for md files
- Use a simple editor to edit the files locally online and offline.
- Automatic sync between all users.
- Automatic publish when done
- All files starting with - or _ are work in progress.
Plans and ideas
- Content plugins
- REST API
- Google docs
- Amazon S3
- Evernote integration
- Fetch articles from notebooks inside Evernote
- How do I publish a blog post?
- Make a minimal setup guide.
- How do I get my blog online?
- Insert a guide for different operation systems. Step by step howto guide.
- Server setup guide or even a script to launch an amazon image automatic.
Project on Github
See Simple Blog @ Github